Saturday, November 29, 2008

Let Everything that has breath, PRAISE THE LORD!


photo by r. makaroff


"Let everything that hath breath, praise the Lord!"


I have memorized that phrase from a Christian rock band, Petra; who sang, " Let Everything That Has Breath." My friend, Dave Hinkel, opened my mind up to Christian rock.

He shared his LPs with me. That's right, long play albums.

I listened for hours with headphones on, late into the night. We talked about a lot of things. He helped me in so many ways.

But I will never forget hearing a rockin' guitar opening of that song. The lyrics come right out of the Bible: Psalm 150.

One day the nations will rock the heavens with one voice and one song praising God. I look forward to that day. It will be filled with joy and fun. People will dance. People will drum. People will play instruments for the glory of God.


Psalm 150:6, "Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD."


You can praise the Lord today. You have breath. You can praise the Lord. May each one of us who seek to follow God with full devotion use every breath to glorify God today. Say it, "I praise you. Lord."

No comments: