Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Thunder Rolls

photo by jeffk


In my journey of reading through the Bible during my forty-third year, I am about 150 days from completing the journey. I have enjoyed the consistent reading of Scripture.



I am reading from the One Year Bible in the Living Bible paraphrase. The rendition is refreshing and easy to read. I need to regularly read the Bible, even as a minister--I must for my own spiritual sustenance.



One passage for today's reading is Psalm 29. The psalmist praises God for the Lord's powerful voice evident in the thunder. God's voice brings awe and praise. In addition, God will provide strength to endure and peace to pervade in my life. He unveils His power over creation and yet he loves me with as much volume and substance as peals of thunder.



As I hear thunder, I experience God's voice and His power unveiled. Awesome! May you listen to the thunder differently than before.

No comments: