Thursday, December 3, 2009

What to give at Christmas? One gift that always works


On Sunday, when I was given the opportunity to preach with Pastor Ivanildo.  I was so grateful to have such a great outline and resources to use for preaching.

My application of the sermon was to lead my family to give a gift to help those in poverty.  I gathered my family and we opened two great catalogs.  We designated how much we could give as a family by dividing that amount among our children.  Then we asked each child to choose from the catalogs what to give.  My wife noted how each child chose something that fits them:  one chose chicks, one chose dental work, one chose musical instruments, and the last child chose something I forget right now. 

It was hard to set aside money to give to others when in the past I have only focused on me, my immediate family, and extended family.  Yet I want to follow God more fully. So this Christmas the Butler's are gonna give gifts to those who need it most.  I believe this Christmas will be different from all others.  May God get the glory for working in our lives and showing us how we can make a difference in the world.  You should consider doing the same. I wonder what you are doing to give a gift to those who need it most. 

Two places to peruse are here for your viewing:

No comments: