Saturday, January 23, 2010

Building a better blog


As I proceed on my journey to create a good blog, I am so grateful to my friend Glenn Sewell who introduced me to Darren Rowse, author of 31 Days to Build a Better Blog (31DBBB). It took me longer than 31 days to complete the book. But you can go at your own pace.

As Darren states, "The reality is that all bloggers want to improve their blogs - but many never quite get around to it (Preface, online edition)."  I appreciate his drive to get me to do something with my blog versus knowing more stuff about blogging.

If you are thinking about starting a blog or already have one, then you need to pick this helpful book out.  It is easy to read and moves you toward making your blog better.

Over the next few months I intend to follow Darren's exhortation, "please don't simply end the challenge today and shelve what you've learned; pick two or three things you've found helpful and plan to do them and extend them further(92)." 

So I joined the 31DBBB forum today. I am grateful for any opportunity to learn new things for the benefit of myself and of others. Thanks Darren.

No comments: