Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Worship only God--worship:grace

In my journey of faith, I discover how much I fail at worshiping God.  He is the only true God. As the Bible states, "You shall have no other gods before me (Exodus 20:3)."  He must be THE priority in my life. Most times God is in second place.  Rather, I need to make God number one.  He must have the pre-eminence!

The Apostle Paul states the same thing in Colossians 1:17, "He is before all things, and in him all things hold together."  Nate Mills referred a great illustration of God holding all things together: laminin.  I googled it. I found Louie Giglio's explanation of laminin, the protein molecule that acts as a molecular adhesion between cells (6:09 video). Wow! What an amazing God!

God is worthy of worship! He is worthy of my worship.

I love music. One way that I put God in His rightful place in my life is worship in music.  I am so proud of our worship leader, Matt Carter.  Together with the worship band they put together a worship CD: "As we Wait" Matt is able to offer it online http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/Graceworship1. You can get a physical copy through Wooster Grace.

The CD liner note says, "...we have the opportunity to worship the one, true God not only with our voices, but with fully surrendered lives. That is a colorful display that directs glor and exaltation to the Creator. It is my prayer that these songs will spur you on towards that kind of worship--Matt." I can grow in full devotion to God by learning these songs and singing these songs spontaneously in the confines of my heart or in the front seat of my car.  I can worship in song.

Matt has also shared one "story-behind-the-song" on his blog.  He chose to write about my favorite song, "Again and Again."  If you don't have a copy you can get a physical copy through Wooster Grace or you can download it here.

No comments: