Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter: God saves & deserves all praise

Last Supper - Da Vinci
Easter week is so busy at churches. At Wooster Grace we planned five services. Yet I am so glad that Matt Carter, our Contemporary Worship Pastor, challenged me to take an hour to reflect on what Jesus did for every human being. So I challenge you to do the same. Turn off media. Get quiet. Read the Bible references from Justin Taylor's blog posts. Then ask God the Holy Spirit to guide you into the truth--God saves and He deserves our praise!

Helpful audio-visual aids for Easter Week to help you take an hour to reflect on what Jesus did for you:
  • BibleGateway provided a Holy Week Timeline. Txs!
  • Justin Taylor posted last year a harmony of the Scriptures related to Holy Week for your reading and meditation. I like the Google Map aid myself. Cool!
  • Walt Mueller will be sharing how songs have helped him reflect on Easter better. He will post three more songs over the next three days. His first song, "Behold the Lamb," is the first post on this subject on his blog.
I used the Harmony of the Gospels by Thomas & Gundry for my meditation time. And to add to Walt's song, I add "And can it be that I should gain." It is one of the first hymns that truly spoke to me of what Jesus had to do for me to be His child forever.  I also came across a punk-version for those who want a different style. 

No comments: