Thursday, October 6, 2011

Sample prayers to resist the devil and to rearm your spiritual armor

From my talk at Four14 on Thu Oct 6:

Prayer to resist the Devil:
One sample prayer that you could offer must focus on God’s power, provision, and person.  “Father I give thanks to you for protecting me from Satan. Satan is a liar and a destroyer. God, you have rescued me from his many attempts to destroy me and my loved ones. In the name of Jesus I ask that Satan, his evil army, and his notorious schemes be continually thwarted from harming me, my loved ones, my home, my church, my job and everywhere. Father that you shall lead me-Hallelujah! I am saved from the devil and all his weapons by your power and grace O Lord God of heaven and earth.  I pray this in Jesus’ name, Amen.”


Prayer to rearm your spiritual armor:
Today Heavenly Father, according to Your Word, I present my body as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable in Your sight. Because I am not contending against flesh and blood, but against principalities, powers, world rulers of this present darkness and spiritual hosts of wickedness in heavenly places, I take the whole armor of God so that I may be able to withstand in the evil day. So today I stand and put on the belt of God’s truth. I put on the breastplate of righteousness. I place on my feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace. Above all these, I take the shield of faith to quench ALL the flaming darts of the evil one. I take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God.  I pray at ALL times in the Spirit with ALL prayer and supplication for ALL God's family and for me that I may open my mouth boldly TO PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL. The weapons of my warfare are not worldly but have divine power to destroy strongholds. Today I destroy arguments and EVERY proud obstacle to the knowledge of God and take EVERY thought captive to OBEY Christ. Thank you, Father, that according to Your Word the glory of the Lord is my rear guard. I praise You and thank You for the armor of light You've provided for me this day. I am completely armored up now. In Jesus’ holy name, I pray; Amen.

No comments: