Monday, October 8, 2012

The Blessing of being the focus of prayer

Our family helps Team Hope
As a follower of Christ I have learned how to pray. I pray for others. I pray for myself. Yet I never get over the benefit of others praying for me. Do I take it for granted? Yes. Yet I praise God for intercessory prayer.

I am pretty stubborn. I will pray for others, but often I decline having others pray for me. But tonight as I asked my family to gather around me to pray for me. I marveled at how honest, deep, and powerful their prayers can be.

The prayer life of each family member is improving.  I praise God for the Holy Spirit's work in our family. I praise God for our church for the workers and helpers who have taught my children how to pray. I exalt the name of God who saved us, one by one. and who disciples us, at our own pace for His glory. Our prayers magnify the Lord!

I love my wife and my children. I will miss them this week. But I praise God for their prayers as I go do what God has called me to do. No matter how daunting the challenge, prayer engages the adventure. 

On to the adventure!

No comments: