Wednesday, August 20, 2014

I miss the interns

I miss the interns who served with me this summer. Rachel Landon and Jared Poorman served with me. God did a great work in them and through them. They are busy starting the next year of college this week. Rachel is back at Malone University (Canton, OH). Jared is starting at Grace College (Winona Lake, IN). May God be their guide and strength as they embark on the next phase of their life journey. Well done interns! Well done!



Rachel Landon
Sowing Hope Intern
Graduated from Triway HS

How did you first hear about the outreach internship, and why did you decide to apply?

Pastor Daron contacted me and told me about the position. I took a while to think about it and then decided to apply. I wasn't really sure that I could do it but Daron's confidence that I would be good for the job pushed me to accept it.

What’s your favorite regular responsibility or one-time project so far in your internship?

Honestly, organizing a storage closet. Every time I go back in there to get supplies, I can see how sorting things and knowing what we have has saved money and made things easier. Rather than having to go out and buy lots of things for every event, I can brainstorm on how to use what we already have and use that instead. It gives me a sense of accomplishment that my work has been helpful.

Favorite music genre to work/travel/relax to?

I love pretty much like all genres of music (except country...). In the car, I usually play rock music as loud as my speakers will allow (Nine Lashes, Skillet, Red, Thousand Foot Krutch). When I work or do homework, I play movie soundtracks (Chronicles of Narnia, How to Train Your Dragon) or piano music. To relax, I play fun, upbeat stuff or worship music (Shane and Shane, Phil Wickham, Matthew West).

​If you were stranded on a deserted island, what two items would you have with you and how would you escape? (Or would you want to escape at all?)

As long as I had food and the necessities (such as sunscreen for my fair skin:) ), I would not want to leave. I would want to have a journal/paper and some device to play music.

What are you passionate about?

Kids, learning (specifically studying psychology, one of my majors), music, reading, and organization.

You’re leaving your house or apartment – what do you always have with you?
My phone, chapstick, and a hair tie. 


Jared Poorman
Sowing Hope Intern
Graduated from Smithville HS



How did you first hear about the outreach internship, and why did you decide to apply?
 I first heard about this internship from helping with Torrey and Nate last year during the week long camps. I loved helping and being around kids in underprivileged areas and just being a Godly male in their lives to help, play with, and give them hope in and through Jesus.



What’s your favorite regular responsibility or one-time project so far in your internship? 
My favorite regular responsibility would definitely be our neighborhood Bible clubs we did. 



Favorite music genre to work/travel/relax to?
My favorite music to drive and chill too would be a little of everything. I like anything from country to christian rap. It's whatever sounds good that day.


What is one superpower you would most like to possess? 
If I had any super power it would definitely be to fly. There's so much you can do with that and the views and sunsets would be great.

What inspires you?
I'm inspired by real Godly people who overcome and seek God through thick and thin. I'm inspired from the greatness God shows in my life and in others...through all areas.

You’re leaving your house or apartment – what do you always have with you?
When I'm leaving my house I always have my cell phone and money on me. 
 

No comments: