Sunday, January 10, 2016

Saved People Serve People--Praying for the Persecuted Church

Why Pray for the Persecuted Church
You and I are part of a global group of believers who seek to develop into fully devoted followers of Christ. Millions of fellow believers are living under persecution. We can support them in prayer!  We can pray on their behalf to stand strong, to persevere, and to honor God with their testimony. 



Prayer is taking action.  When you pray, you discover how hard a spiritual endeavor prayer can be.  The time that you spend in prayer has an eternal impact on the lives of men and women throughout our world. Through prayer our world is changed, closed doors are opened, resistant people are made receptive, leaders are put down and raised up, and the kingdom of our Lord Jesus Christ is extended.

Hebrews 13:3 says, “Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; and them which suffer adversity, as - being yourselves also in the body.” 

The first request of persecuted Christians is always the same:
 
"Pray for us"

How to Pray for the Persecuted Church
The Word of God remains our best guide for knowing how to pray for our persecuted sisters and brothers worldwide.

One prayer that you can pray follows Ephesians 6:19-20.  Ask God to give the persecuted believers the right words to speak and that they would fearlessly make Christ known.

Paul tells believers in the Church of Ephesus how to pray for him when he was suffering for Christ in jail.  Note Paul's prayer request. He did not ask for release. 

Ephesians 6:19-20
"Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains.  Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should." 

You could pray something like this,

"Heaven Father, I pray for the persecuted followers of Christ. Lord, help them know what to say and have the wisdom to know when to speak up and when to be quiet. I pray that you give them courage to share their story of life change with everyone they meet. Make me also fearless as I share how God has changed my life too. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen."  

Please comment below what country you are praying for--Syria? North Korea? Saudi Arabia? Iran? I am praying for North Korea today.


Helpful link  
Visit Open Doors USA to get more resources to pray with purpose and focus.   

No comments: