Wednesday, May 6, 2009





Our church partners with an organization called ICDI-Integrated Community Development International; based out of the Central African Republic. They sent me a link about the charity:water project on YouTube.



This video challenged me to consider how much I take for granted the ease of my access to water. I have it supplied to me. Water is piped into my home. I can turn on a faucet to have drinkable water.



On the other hand, my mom and dad experienced similar circumstances to the Central Africans here in the U.S., on the Navajo Reservation. They dealt with water challenges as children. They still live there on the reservation serving the community as pastor and pastor's wife.



I have hauled water from a well 9 miles away from my parents home. I drew buckets from the well and poured the water into barrels for cooking and hygiene use. I have strained the grit from the well water, but I did not purify the water from its microscopic dangers.



I believe in ICDI. I am so glad our church partners with them. Anyone can make a difference in the lives of a whole generation. You can! You can forgo Starbucks once a week or a lunch out at a fast-food joint and instead at the end of the month, send the $20 to ICDI and begin to transform a village or a family. You can! Please read the story of one team that visited ICDI and the water-well that was drilled with the help of Living Water International and charitywater here.


Wooster Grace is about developing fully devoted followers of Jesus. This includes, but is not limited to, telling people about Jesus. Jesus came that people could have life, and experience it more abundantly (John 10:10). Jesus is the living water. I believe Jesus can satisfy the spiritual thirst of anyone. In addition, you and I can help to provide clean water for those who need it the most.


May God use our small efforts together with others to have an epic impact in the world. Way to go ICDI, charity:water, and living water international!



No comments: