Tuesday, May 26, 2009

"Who will fill his shoes?"


As I continue to learn about how to facilitate missions in our church, I am challenged with the news of Dr. Ralph D. Winter's passing. I sent him an email about a year ago requesting a copy of his presentation, "Biggest Trend in World Missions Today (article summarizing event here)." He kindly answered my email and attached a copy for my perusal. I admire that greatly.


The article by Michelle Vu shares the loss of this missions statesman. I did not know that he coined the phrase, "unreached people groups." May God help us to continue to fulfill God's Great Commission which Dr. Winter so passionately loved.


Claire Noland of The LA Times has a brief obit of Dr. Winter here. I will need to read more about his landmark address at the Lausanne Conference in 1974.

No comments: