Thursday, November 19, 2009

"I don't want to share my faith"

One elective class we offer at Wooster Grace is "Way of the Master."  Pastor Ivanildo has a passion for sharing Christ.  He makes many friends and shares Christ with them.


One of the obstacles to sharing your faith is fear of rejection or retribution.  But I came across a unique take on sharing my faith from Justin Taylor's blog, "Between Two Worlds."  He posts a video clip of Penn Jillete, from the magician duo, Penn & Teller.  His post provides a great transcript.  If you do not want a transcript then you can see it on YouTube

I find myself challenged to share because I care, not because I have to.  I may feel like I don't want to share my faith.  But compassion is my motivation, not pity.  So I pray that God helps me to share Christ with all. 

Penn's words may feel caustic. But I think he's right in challenging the Christ-follower to be true to your convictions and to proselytize.  I wonder what you think.  How much do you have to hate people to not share Christ?

No comments: