Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thanks to our veterans!

photo by sister72

I greeted two servicemen in our church tonight.  Both marines, but ages apart. One is in his twenties. The other in his sixties.  Yet both are proud of their service to our country.

The marines have a clarion call, Semper Fi. I've heard it many times in movies.  The marines say that Semper Fi
is Latin for "always faithful," Semper Fidelis became the Marine Corps motto in 1883. It guides Marines to remain faithful to the mission at hand, to each other, to the Corps and to country, no matter what (taken from marine website). 

I am grateful for the freedom I enjoy as I type this in my office.  The freedom I have been granted cost the lives of many men and women.  In our short 200-plus years as a country, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness (Declaration of Independence)." I have been given a legacy to pass on to the next generation--freedom to chose who governs me and freedom to pursue the highest values as endowed by the Creator God, the God of the Bible.  So I am thankful for God's blessings on this country and I pray for the Lord's continued blessings on this nation.  May it once again be more true, "One nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all (pledge of allegiance)." 

No comments: