Tuesday, December 22, 2009

1 Rabbit, 2 Chickens, 4 soccer balls,and 1 student gets art & music instruction

 





This year our family decided to give gifts to each other in honor of Jesus.  We decided to give a gift to someone in need.  We used the WorldVision catalog to select gifts.  Rather than have the kids add to their Christmas wish list.  My wife and I challenged them to consider giving one of "their" gifts to a child or family in need.  So they chose.

We also asked each child to sacrifice something this Christmas season to "earn" money for their gift. One child gave up video game time to pray for our sponsored child and to read his Bible.  Two children determined to give up television time to pray for our sponsored child and to write a letter/note to her.  The last child gave up free time to pray and to consider what's something more he could do.  Likewise, my wife and I gave up a meal during the week to fast and to pray for our  "adopted" children and to seek God's face.

What an amazing Christmas season so far!  God is teaching me that it is better to give than to receive.  I hope that you have made an effort to give more than you receive this Christmas.  I wonder if any of you gave a gift to someone in need.  I'd love to hear your story (50 words of less).  Thanks.

No comments: