Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Start the Year off right with prayer


I received in the mail today my copy of the 2010 Global Ministries Prayer Guide. I could smell the hot-off-the-presses aroma as I thumbed through all of the pages.  I want to say thanks to Jim Folsom for sending me an advanced picture of the cover pre-printing.  On the printed cover are three key verbs: discover, intercede, and rejoice.

GBIM Executive Director, Dave Guiles, showed me an advanced copy earlier this month. He gave me the following insights about what is new:
  • The Guide will seek to celebrate what God is doing in the world
  • The Guide is also intended to educate everyone what God is doing through Grace Brethren International Missions
  • The Guide will help you understand the global influence of all God's workers who are laboring in the Lord's harvest around the world
I am already enjoying a few interesting facts on the inside cover:
  • I praise God for this global movement our fellowship of churches is enjoying--GBIM is "impacting dozens of people groups scattered among 33 countries on 5 continents.
  • I marvel at how the Lord is helping to mobilize nationals to serve together with missionaries to start new churches and ministries within their own countries and to start praying for how to initiate new fields of harvest in neighboring countries.
  • I am grateful for all who compiled the information so that I can pray better for God's work to impact the nations in 2010.  I will be able to intercede more efficiently with the expansion of national missions prayer requests in places like the Central African Republic.
I recommend that you get your free copy sent to you right away.

No comments: