Saturday, March 6, 2010

Failing at Prayer

I marvel at God's grace all the time.  I made a commitment to pray everyday during this prayer emphasis, Global Prayer Walk.  I awoke at 6:49am.  I set the goal to pray at 6:30am.  Now what?!

In the past I have beat myself up with guilt and shame. And procrastinated by not praying at all.  Lately, I have determine to breakthrough my self-pity and engage my commitment to pray anyways.  I can readjust my goal, reset my sights, and then make time to pray. 

So, if you missed a day or two, don't give up.  Recommit and start anew.  God is the Lord of many chances  Keep on trusting and follow Him.  Take a moment to stop and pray right now.  You can do it! If I can, anyone can.

I know God uses godly guilt and shame to bring His children back to Himself.  II Corinthians 7:9-10, "Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to savlation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death."  When we fail, confess.  Then God forgives, forgive yourself.  Next, move forward by re-engaging in full devotion to God.  It may sound too easy.  But for most people, this is a roadblock you get stuck at.  However, think about God's truth above, and readjust--realign yourself with Him. 

Please post a comment by sharing verse(s) that help you overcome ungodly guilt and shame.  Then keep praying for Africa.  You can view one of my video posts for the Global Prayer Walk. And you can also join and invite others to be part of the movement to pray for God to work in our world--seeking 10,000 strong to pray for God to change the world. Visit Global Prayer Walk FB event.

No comments: