Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Pray on my day off was like being released from prison

photo by seantoyer
For prayer for the global impact of the Gospel, I had an interesting two days.  I discovered that my goal of praying at 6:30am in my home on my living room couch is a challenge.When you don't follow through, you feel like you are in the prison of guilt. 

I needed rest on Monday so I slept in. Guilt? Oh yeah. But rather than implode and beating myself up more, I readjusted my prayer time to later in the day and selected in a different venue for prayer--my car while driving to do errands.  I completed my goal for praying from the Global Ministries Prayer Guide (GMPG). 

I then had an adjustment to my Tuesday schedule. I got to go support the Plaster family in Columbus with RAD (Pastor Bob Doerr) at the calling hours for Dave Plaster.  I prayed from the GMPG at 7am while getting dressed for the day. 

God is working in me. I tend to fight against guilt regularly.  But I am embracing grace more and more.  I do not minimize my sin, but I am growing in how amazing God's grace is.  I'd rather be free of prison than remain incarcerated and confined.  "If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (I John 1:8-9)."

So don't despair if you forget to pray.  Just readjust your time and place, then go ahead and pray.  I did. And it is making all the difference each day.  Please keep on praying and post a comment or a picture on the Facebook event or share how you are praying. 

No comments: