Tuesday, November 1, 2011

[POST] Today starts National Native American Heritage Month

Today is November 1. All Saints Day and the first day of the National Native American Heritage Month (NNAHM) emphasis. I intend to share a post each week or more as time allows.

Today I want to direct you to the Presidential Proclamation for the NNAHM.

As a Navajo, I am proud of who God created. I believe God placed me in my people group. He orchestrated all the nations to spread over all the earth (Genesis 11:1-9). I am so grateful that I can understand Navajo and speak it adequately. 

Here is an excerpt from the Bible in Navajo from John 3:16:

Háálá Diyin God éí nihokáá’ dine’é t’áá’íiyisí ayóó’ájó’níigo bąą haYe’ t’ááłá’í há yizhchínígíí baazhníłtį́, áko t’áá háiida boodlą́ągo baa dzólíhígíí éí doo ádoodįįł da, ndi iiná doo nińt’i’ii bee hólǫ́ǫ dooleeł.

May these 30 days enhance your understanding and learning about Native Peoples. I praise the God of all nations who made me in His image for a lifelong relationship with the Creator God. May I glorify the Creator and enjoy Him forever, the infinite, limitless God of all Tribes.  

No comments: