Sunday, October 19, 2014

Morgan makes a difference for Christ by raising funds for Asia's Hope

Grace Church is so blessed to see life change happen every Sunday, every week, every month, even every day. Before our pastor's prayer meeting this morning, we receive tremendous encouragement.  Morgan brought us a gift. Not for us but for rescuing orphans at-risk for human trafficking.  Here is Morgan's testimony in her own words.
Pastor Bob receives Morgan's gift

"My name is Morgan. I'm a freshman in High School. 

I've been attending Grace for over a year now and was baptized in August. I also volunteer with Grace Kids helping the three and four year old children have fun in a safe and encouraging environment.

I've always had a love for little kids. I'm very blessed with everything I have. So, during the service project challenge I was inspired to maybe make a small difference in the life of someone else. So I thought why not combine my love for kids and make a difference by raising money for Asia's Hope. 

I made up [a] donation box and took it to school, cheer practices, everywhere I could and asked people to help me help make a difference. I was so blessed with the love and support of friends, family, and the people in our community. I've been able to raise $125.92. 

Sure, I carried this box for a month and I know its not much and wish I could've raised more, but in my heart I know that I gave it my all and it will help in some way."

Morgan is making a difference. Her gift can support a child for three-and-a-half months. You can give to help Asia's Hope provide loving families for orphaned children in SE Asia.  Donate now!

No comments: