Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Give a Gift to Others not your family

As I lead my family in choosing from the Christmas Gift catalogs from GBIM and Worldvision (previous post).  I find myself challenged.  I want to give my family good gifts.  Maybe more gifts than they need.

So we selected gifts to give to someone else who needs it more than we do.  I know this is right.  God prompted me to lead my family to give gifts to others rather than to them.  I am so grateful that God still speaks to individual people.  

He can speak to you, too.  Take time today or tomorrow and listen for His prompting.  What is he telling you to do for Him this Christmas?  Write it down.  Then go do it.  Obey!  

Yes, you will have second thoughts.  I think most people do.  But doing the hard things; may be the best thing you'll ever do.  I am discovering it out now. 


No comments: