Thursday, May 2, 2013

Pray today in the USA

Today is the National Day of Prayer. I am so thankful that we can set aside one day to focus on praying for our neighborhoods, our nation, and the nations of the world. Many will go about their day without a thought for prayer. But I am grateful for the opportunity to freely stop throughout my day to stop and pray. I thank God I have the freedom to pray today. 

You can find many great resources online to pray today. But one place I recommend today is found the blogpost of my friend, Kurt Miller. He posted this introductory comment with link to full article below, 
"Below are a list of suggested requests to bring before The Lord on this day (and other days). These are presented to the Fellowship of Churches to which I subscribe by Chairman of our Social Concerns Committee:
This is a short list of prayer values for supporting our leaders, securing our liberties, and furthering wholesome standards...(click for more)"

Stop and pray today.

No comments: